TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participants, upon submission of their Submission(s) to the Website, hereby irrevocably grant the Organizer a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the Submission(s) submitted as part of the Project, and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to Participants.
The Project, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works thereof, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Project will have the right to use the Submission(s) submitted as part of the Project, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose.
Participants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights,” “droit moral” rights or similar rights now or hereafter recognized in connection with Submission(s) submitted as part of the Project.
Participants acknowledge that as a condition of participating in the Project and/or having Submissions selected for inclusion in the Project, Sponsor may request that the Participant’s Submission(s), and any rights therein, be assigned to Sponsor and Participants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing and submitting the Releases (defined below) (and any other documents reasonably required by Sponsor) or such Participant will otherwise be disqualified from receiving their prize.
Participants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Organizer free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations.
Participants agree that the Organizer shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of the Submissions and are not obligated to use any Submission.
Participants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Project.
Participants agree that neither the Project, nor its agents, shall be responsible for return or preservation of any Submissions submitted.
All Submissions that are posted on the Website are available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
Each Participant acknowledges that other Participants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Submission that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her own Submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Organizers because of these familiarities or similarities.
The decisions of the Organizer are final and binding in all matters relating to this Project, including interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions and Submission Rules.
Organizer reserves the right to request from Participant at any time proof that Participant maintains all necessary rights in their Submission in order to grant Organizer the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Organizer.
Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the Participant being disqualified from participation in the Project.
- Submission MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Submission MUST NOT contain material that is, as determined in Organizer’s sole discretion, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Submission MUST be in keeping with the Project’s public archival and artistic purpose, and MUST NOT be false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, disparaging, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, threatening, discriminatory, profane, contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace or otherwise is offensive, as determined by the Organizer at their sole and absolute discretion.
- Submission MUST NOT invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and the right to submit or use same shall not be restricted.
- Submission MUST NOT include material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or country where the submission is created.
- Submission MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- Submission MUST be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
Participant: Any contributor of Submissions with a profile registered on the Website.
Submission: Any material uploaded via the Website for inclusion in the Project.
Project: Any and all activities connected to the creation, promotion, and preservation of the Pilsen Family Album, Pilsen Family Encounter, and any related websites, publications, and events.
Website: The primary public website and services presented at http://pilsenfamilyalbum.org or any alias or substitute URL for an equivalent website that hosts the material produced by or for the Project, and any apps or third-party services connected to the primary website, including but not limited to online social media and photo sharing networks.
Organizer: The individual persons organizing the Project or others assigned responsibilities for the Project by those persons.